Saturday, November 14, 2009

For Me?

For years, we have participated in the Operation Christmas Child program to give something to those in need since we feel we have been so blessed in our lives. This year is the first year that we felt like Addison would really get it and enjoy making the boxes for other children. So, we planned a trip to Target and talked to her about the program and how we were going to make shoeboxes for other little children like her. She was so excited! I put her in the basket part of the cart and we were on our way through the store. We picked out a couple fun items from the dollar spot then made our way to the health and beauty department. She was having so much fun picking stuff out and putting it in the cart. She would tell me “the little girls need this” or “lets get that for the boys”. We made our way back to the toy section of the seasonal department to finish off the boxes. At this point, I assume her generosity was gone because she put an item in the cart and said “this is for me” and I said “baby we aren’t here for you or mommy, we are here to get gifts for other little girls and boys, remember?” and she said “I do want to give to others but I want one for me too”! My heart is so full for this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment